Major International Finding Aids
- viaLibri provides access to a huge collection of Multi-National Union and Census Catalogues, National Union Catalogues, Research & Special Collections Library Catalogues, University Library Catalogues and to a metasearch engine for online inventory from more than 20.000 booksellers.
- WorldCat is the largest network of library content and services worldwide. It allows you to search the collections of more than 10.000 libraries for physical items as well as digital content.
- Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog KVK is a meta search interface, which allows you to search for more than 500 million books and serials in library and book trade catalogs worldwide.
- OAIster is a union catalog, which provides access to nearly 14 million digital resources.
- The European Library searches for digital collections of the national libraries of Europe.
- EROMM - European Register Of Microform and digital Masters is a database of more than 2,6 Mio Microforms and 40.000 digitized titles. search the database
- Europeana - the European digital library - provides access to 2 Mio digitized objects.
- MICHAEL - Multilingual Inventory of Cultural Heritage finds and explores digital collections of museums, archives and libraries from across Europe.
- RAMBI - The Index of Articles on Jewish Studies is a selective bibliography of articles in the fields of Jewish Studies and Israel Studies.
- ZDB is the world's largest database of serial titles. It contains more than 1 million bibliographic records. search the database
- Periodicals Index Online contains entries of articles published in 4.600 serials in the fields of arts, humanities and social sciences within the last 300 years.
- Google Scholar searches for scholarly literature.
Rare & Manuscript
- The Bibliography of The Hebrew Book is the most comprehensive bibliography worldwide of books printed in Hebrew between 1470 and 1960). The Bibliography includes 141.000 documents and 15.000 biographical records.
- The CERL-Portal searches for manuscripts and early printed material in Europe, United States and Australia.
Major National Finding Aids
- Oesterreichischer Bibliothekenverbund: Gesamtkatalog is a union catalogue of most larger libraries in Austria.
- CCB - Catalogue Collectif de Belgique - Belgium Union Catalogue of scientific and academic libraries
- Cain - Canadian Archival Information Network is a gateway to archival sources found in more than 800 repositories across Canada. search the collections
- Amicus, the Canadian national catalogue, searches for published material in over 1.300 libraries across Canada.
- Souborny katalog CR - Union Catalogue of the Czech Republic (Caslin) contains information on published material. It has more than 3 Million records.
- The Catalogue collectif de France (CCFr) - Union Catalogue of France locates more than 15 Mio documents. It provides a single search interface for three major catalogues (BMR, BN-Opale Plus and Sudoc)
- Rachel - Reseau européen des bibliothèques judaica et hebraica - The on-line catalog of the European Network of Judaica and Hebraica Libraries searches the Judaica-Collections of the Bibliothèque de l'Alliance israeélite universelle Paris, the Bibliothèque du Séminaire israélite de France Paris, the Bibiothèque Medem (Maison de la cultur yiddish) - Paris Yiddish Center-Medem Library, the Akadem (le Campus numérique juif - the digital Jewish Campus) and the Bibliothèque Michèle Kahn. It contains 200.000 entries.
- The Union Catalog Judaica VK-Judaica searches the Judaica-Collections of the Abraham Geiger College Berlin, the Institut fuer Judaistik at the Freie Universitaet Berlin, the Jewish Museum Berlin, the Staatsbibliothek Berlin, the Katalog der Zeitschriften in Berlin und Brandenburg, the Moses Mendelsohn Zentrum Potsdam and the Universitaet Potsdam.
- The AGGB Union Catalogue (Katalog-Datenbank der Arbeitsgemeinschaft Gedenkstättenbibliotheken) searches the collections of the Aktives Museum Berlin, the Anne-Frank-Shoah Bibliothek Leipzig, the Stiftung Neue Synagoge - Berlin Centrum Judaicum, the Gedenkstaette Deutscher Widerstand Berlin, the Haus der Wannsee-Konferenz Berlin and the Stiftung Topographie des Terrors Berlin.
- The Central Index of Digitized Imprints provides access to 180.000 records. Follow the Link to browse the collections.
- VD 16 and VD 17 provide access to bibliographies of prints published during the 16th and the 17th century in German-speaking areas. (German only)
- MALMAD Israel Union List contains over 6 million bibliographic records. Paticipating institutions are Israeli university, college and goveremnt libraries as well as selected research institutes.
- Israel Union List of Serials lists more than 100.000 serial titles, held by more than 170 Israeli institutions.
- The Italian Digital Library Portal and Cultural Tourist Network provides integrated access to digital and traditional resources of libraries, archives and further Italian cultural instititions.
- Bibnet.lu - réseau des bibliothèques luxembourgeoises is the union catalogue of scientific Libraries in Luxemburg. list of particpating institutions; search the catalogue
- Archivenet.nl is a search device for archival services in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Pares Portal de Archivos Espanoles - Spanish Archives Portal
- Catálogos Colectivos de Consorcios de Bibliotecas Universtarias y de Investigaciòn - Union Catalogue of University Libraries and research Libraries
- Nebis Catalogue contains more than 3 Mio. entries of more than 80 libraries, universities and other public institutions in Switzerland.
- COPAC - Academic and National Library Catalogue searches the Collections of selected Libaries in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Follow the link for a full list of paricipating institutions.
- The Archon Directory provides information for archival record repositories in the UK. Links to further Databases and Archive Networks in the UK
- Archives Hub Revolutionizing access to the archives of UK universities and colleges
- The Survey of Jewish archives in the UK and Ireland contains descriptions of Jewish archive material held in archive repositories and privately, search the database
United States of America
- The Gateway to Library Catalogs Z39.50 provides access to Library of Congress Catalog and many other libraries throughout the United States.
- The Combined US Catalog of the Jewish Institute of Religion at Hebrew Union College provides access to the around 1.000.000 titles of Klau Library in Cincinnati, the Klau Library in New York, the Frances-Henry Library in Los Angeles and the S. Zalman & Ayala Abramov Library in Jerusalem. search the catalogue
- The Center for Jewish History provides access to the collections of the American Jewish Historical Society, the American Sephardi Federation, the Leo Baeck Institute, the Yeshiva University Museum and the YIVO Instiute for Jewish Research. It hosts more than 450.000 titles. collection highlights; search the catalogues
- NUCMC National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections provides access to Archival/Manuscript Repositories throughout the USA, list of participating institutions; search the OCLC Catalog<
- ARC - Archival Research Catalog provides access to the nationwide holdings of the US National Archives and Record Administration.